Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sleep?

Not much entertaining or interesting here. Still having trouble shaking a cough I picked up, but I probably would be better if I could get a little more sleep. I'm getting the feeling Harmony is to me what, Melodie is to her daddy. Melodie and daddy seem to run on the same sleep schedules and temperatures and if she gets tired she can take her daddy down for a nap with her. Harmony and I took a nap together this afternoon...I only wish I felt as good as she did when she woke. Though my sweet, little Harmony is still not wanting to go to sleep when the rest of us want to which is really wearing me down since I'm lucky to get 2 hours of sleep before I have to go to work. And the whole house is grumpy from lack of sleep(Harmony has a earsplitting set of vocals she knows just how to use). My goal is to keep her up till bedtime (no napping allowed) and see if it helps her to go to bed when she should. She was so good about going to sleep and only waking for milk when her little body told her it was a must for so long. Sorry for the ramblings of an over-tired mama. Hope everyone is having a great week and looking forward to an even better weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I do really feel for you... Daniel is 3 and I am still sleep deprived because I just can't catch up on all the sleep I lost... Danny is really good sleeping now so I am lucky in that respect but my body and mind have gotten all screwed up over the past 3 years and I don't seem to be able to get back into a sleeping routine...
    Hang in there, it will get better...I found Danny needed a bedtime routine... so we go to bed... read a book.( the same book... every night...lol).. have a cuddle and a talk and then I say night night...it worked for him..

    take care
    Alex
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing. I hope you shake off the cough soon and get some much needed sleep!
    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww hope you are better soon sweetpea
    lots of get well hugs
    xx
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete