Friday, May 29, 2009

Can't wait!

I get to stalk the UPS man next week! Got to talk to a wonderful woman I met when I got hooked on crocheting. Admittedly Vicki lives on the opposite coast, but she is such a sweet, loving person that has always made me smile (and my heartache for her medical issues and what her family has gone through the last couple of years). But out of the generousity of her heart she is sending me a box of yarn and fabric to help keep me busy and pad my almost non-existant stash. Admittedly her hubby has threatened to take stuff to goodwill if she doesn't get rid of it, so I am one of the very lucky recipients of her yarn and fiber holic tendencies. Also please send some positive prayers/thoughts our way. After months of applying for jobs and getting nowhere Michael finally has an interview tomorrow (Friday). It is only 24 hours a week to start, but if he gets it that is that much more money we have to make sure our basic bills are paid and the girls have the extra milk & such they need to stay healthy. I had something else on my mind, but am blanking at the moment. But I have plans for that box...she is sending some flannel and baby yarn so I can make the soon-to-be mom of twin girls some blankets, burp cloths and little kimonos & wash cloths. I've been in her place with having nothing and a little one on the way and I was blessed by my Texas co-workers with a no longer needed crib, bedding, some sleepers and blankets and diapers and wipes, so I'm going to do what I can with this gift box to help her out (don't know her name, she is a friend of someone we got to know well, whom I've given baby girl stuff to for her 5 month old). Enough rambling...just a bit nervous for Michael and praying he gets this job since we really need the income.

3 comments:

  1. I will have my fingers crossed and I will think extra positively for Michael... Thats really sweet of your friend to send you some wool and fabric... I am sure I have some spare bits and bobs I can send your way... drop me your address and I will pop a selection of bits and bobs in the post to you...
    pinkfeatherparadise@live.co.uk

    take care
    hugs and best wishes
    Alex
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenn! Hope the interview went well! Have fun with all the yarn and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jenn i am so happy to help you i have been very blessed even with all the stuff going on health issues ect but i count my blessings that i have what i have, i too have been in your place and even in your friends so i understand how hard it is, you should be getting a small envelope soon too hope it helps hon. when i go through my fabric soon(am wanting to make a new quilt and have some awesome scraps of material i found and want to make a quilt for a special friend who is down right now she has had alot of issues too so thought i would cheer her up hehe, also want to make my patriotic quilt and my sons mickey mouse one should be fun NOT i have more yarn to send you too sweetie next payday will post it to you ok? i can;t wait to see someof the things you are going to make. i recently made a coworkers of my sons a baby blanket and a pair of booties. she has had 4 miscarriages and this baby has held on now and even if she delivers now she will be tiny but ok so i made her a blanket going to try and post it on my blog if ya want to see it is so pretty in my opinion course im a wee bit biased rotfl take care my friend talk to you soon hugs sweetie

    ReplyDelete