Thursday, May 21, 2009

A bit more quiet

Thank you for the wonderful pick-me-up comments! Though even if we won the lottery I would still work...just part of who I am (okay would probably be running a yarn store then, but still). I'm currently waiting on a call from the doctors office since the bronchitis seems to be wanting to come back with a vengence. Not being able to hold Harmony for long or walk from the house to the car (maybe 30 feet) without being completely out of breath is driving me crazy. I have some crocheting and knitting I need to catch up on, but have been getting no where. And in all honesty I am burnt out at work. It's to the point that I don't even want to set foot near the store even to shop, let alone go to work. Very bad place for my head to be right now. There is stress here at home with Michael struggling to find work and fighting for unemployment he is due, but that I can handle (been thinking long and hard and am sure of this). It's the work stress that is getting to me. The economy is bad, fine. But what they are doing to all of us is making it much, much worse and I know I'm not alone in these thoughts as a couple of senior co-workers are quietly complaining to those of us they know they can trust. Because of where my head is at the moment I may not be posting much or at all for a bit. I deal with enough negativity at work and I don't want to spread it here. My family/home is my happy little haven, even if we are stressed and worried and I'm going to take refuge here for a bit. I will still be online/around and checking email and everyone's wonderful blogs. Just need some down time. See you all, hopefully soon.
Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes life just gets so dreary and hard to get your head around. Hope things work out better soon.
    take care,
    aneela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Jenn,
    Its really tricky at the moment, I know I am being a bit of an Ostrich at the moment... burying my head in the sand and unfortunately everything is going to bite me in the arse very shortly! ;D (its rather big and a very easy target... has to be said!)
    I hope you manage to ride it out and I look forward to hearing how your doing even if you leave me an update on my comments...

    Hugs and love from England!
    by the way Mr P is on his way home from Lockead Martin in Owego today... the VH71 (presidential helicopters) have been scrapped by the Navy (I think) and the money they have spent runs well into the billions, its tragic how governments waste money! I feel awful for all the workers at Lockead that will be loosing their jobs...

    take care
    X Alex

    ReplyDelete