Sunday, March 8, 2009

Little girls & sunshine

Yesterday was all about my little girls and playing in the sun (after I got off of work). It was the first truly nice and warm day in a bit that wasn't threatening rain or dropping temperatures over night. They had so much fun playing between our house and our favorite neighbor, Mr. R's, place. Miss Melodie was 'planting' clovers in the dirt while Harmony ran everywhere her little legs would take her. She even decided to climb Mr. R's back porch steps, which she did perfectly with no hesitation on her first attempt at steps. Should have figured on that since she is our climbing monkey while Melodie has always been the runner(and bouncer and jumper). At 4 and 1 they keep us very busy and I look forward to coming home to them every day.
I am way behind in my knitting and crocheting, but with the nasty virus that went through us all the past week (and now is with Mr. R and my grandparents) I just have had no energy or ambition to do much of anything, plus the girls have been 'mama-ing' me constantly. I'm getting a little done here and there and hopefully later this week I will at least get caught up on the gifts I need to finish and the give away set I am working on. I hate how far behind I've gotten towards stocking my etsy shop, but such is life. I will get there when I was meant to and that is what matters. Besides my give away won't show up till the first Friday of April over at Heather's blog, Beatuty That Moves . And I must mention/recommend Cathleen's wonderful homemade soap (first bar soap that hasn't made my skin dry and/or itchy) My Sewing Serenity . Hopefully a little later I will be trying Rhonda's scone recipe Down To Earth and once I have mastered it I will try Brin's version (I am so going to miss her blog, she's such an inspiration) My Messy, Thrilling Life . Sorry for such a short first post, but I'm still trying to catch up from the illness that hit our little home.

No comments:

Post a Comment