Saturday, January 9, 2010
Didn't think so.
We got no snow, not even a flurry. It is just plain cold for here though. And I've been pestering our sweet elderly neighbor daily since he hasn't been feeling well. Though he actually appreciates the daily call even if it is only to tell us his arthritis, which is all through his body and severe enough for prescription pain killers, is still making him feel miserable. I did brave the cold today with Melodie(insisted on coming) and Erik to get some much needed groceries. Lots of brave souls at AC Moore, but the grocery store was empty. I guess our priorities in this weather are obvious, especially since all the clearance and sale yarn bins were looking very, very empty. And no I did not buy yarn today...just some glue to repair a chair. Time to save the house from Harmony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jenn, its starting to snow here again... and we managed to get home around half past midnight after Dad (baby) Sitting... it all went pretty smoothly but I don't think he's been waited on like that for a while... he is starting to get forgetful and confused and kept asking me the same questions each time I popped up to his room.. getting old is just so unfair.
ReplyDeleteI need to go out and re-fill the bird feeder in a minute but I think a bowl of warm porridge (oats) will start me off well this morning.
Mr P's niece is expecting a baby in July so I have been very naughty and purchased some yarn to crochet a blanket... I am so excited for her as her mum and stepdad won't talk to her and its mainly the stepdads doing... he's such an arse!
Keep warm you lovely lady and give the kids a hug... and well done for keeping an eye on your neighbours
big hugs
Alex
x
There's still time for a flurry!!
ReplyDeleteIt's very kind of you to keep an eye on your elderly neighbour Jenn, he must look forward to your daily visit, bless you.
Take care of yourself and the little ones in the cold.
Jeanne x
It's cold here too, but our snow is melting:) Hopefully, we won't get any more this winter.
ReplyDelete